NEWS FROM THE DEATH STAR
Thought it may be interesting to put a thread up for the handful of Dallas fans here to discuss thoughts on this offseason. (I'm sure the thread will attract the usual trolls, but they're simple enough to ignore.)
Now, I'm no capoligist, and this is by no means a comprehensive post, just a good starting point.
The biggest questions for me right now are:
- What do you do with Anthony Spencer? He finally
lived up to expectations in a contract year. Funny how that works... I don't think we can afford to keep him, but I'd like to.
- Some buzz about trading Romo, but I don't see it. He'll retire a Cowboy, for good or ill.
- Miles Austin: trade? For what?
- Will Jerruh insist on coaching changes, particularly at OC? I hope so.
- Will Jerruh finally realize he is not good at the front office stuff and hire a real General Manag... ugh, never mind... that ain't gonna happen
So... Front Office Possibilities
Garrett is obviously going nowhere, but there seems to be indications that he may be pressured into accepting Coordinator help/changes. I hope so. If so, here's my short list:
1.) OC - Norv Turner - Jason needs an OC. He doesn't think so, but it's obvious to the most casual observer.
2.) DC - Rob Ryan - No change here, give him another year
3.) ST - Bobby April - Need someone other than DeCamillis, imo. Possible Cuts of Note
- Doug Free
- Dan Connor
- Marcus Spears
- Jay Ratliff
- Gerald Sensebaugh
- Felix Jones
- Danny McCray
- Mike Jenkins Free Agent Market
Like I said above, I don't know if any of these are reasonable financially, just some names that might be interesting to discuss (the WRs only if Austin is traded):
- Drew Stanton – QB – IND
- Rashard Mendenhall – RB – PIT
- Peyton Hillis – RB – KC
- Greg Jennings - WR – GB
- Dwayne Bowe – WR - KC
- Jake Long - OT – MIA
- Randy Starks – DT – MIA
- Glenn Dorsey – DT - KC With the 18th Pick of the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select...
This pick will be telling, and will determine the direction the team wants to go. Do you go DL and wait for OL later or the reverse? Either way, we have to address the trenches as priority #1, imo. If not, then we need Safety help. Finally, we need a QB to groom (though this class doesn't look like a good one for that). Some 1st and 2nd round possibilities I’ve seen mentioned: Offense:
- Chance Warmack - OG – Alabama
- Jonathan Cooper – OG – North Carolina
- Eric Fisher – OT – Central Michigan
- Jake Matthews – OT – Texas A&M
- Barrett Jones – OL – Alabama Defense:
- Jonathan Jenkins - NT – Georgia
- Ezekiel Ansah – DE/OLB – BYU
- Sheldon Richardson – DT - Missouri
- Kenny Vaccaro – S – Texas
- Matt Elam – S – Florida
- Eric Reid – S – LSU
- Jesse Williams – NT – Alabama
- Margus Hunt - DE Later Round Intriguing Possibilities
- Landry Jones – QB – Oklahoma
- E. J. Manuel - QB - Florida State
- Marcus Lattimore – RB – USCe
- Spencer Ware – RB – LSU
Ok, that’s enough for now. Like I said, this isn’t comprehensive, just a starting point. Let's go...
This post was edited on 4/21 at 12:30 pm