iOS in the Car seamlessly integrates your iOS device — and the iOS experience — with your in-dash system. If your vehicle is equipped with iOS in the Car, you can connect your iPhone 5 and interact with it using the car’s built-in display and controls or Siri Eyes Free. Now you can easily and safely make phone calls, access your music, send and receive messages, get directions, and more. It’s all designed to let iPhone focus on what you need, so you can focus on the road.
- iOS in the Car provides for four basic functions: Phone, Music, Maps, and Messages.
- iOS in the Car works on your car's built-in dash display, or via voice with Siri Eyes Free.
- All the app interfaces look similar to their iOS device counterparts, providing a consistent experience.
- The Phone interface has controls for end, keypad, add call, and mute.
- Maps has controls for search, time, bookmark, info, current location, add, remove, and 3D.
- You can receive Messages while in other apps, and they can be read to you, and you can respond, via Siri Eyes Free.
Image: http://cdn.imore.com/sites/imore.com/files/styles/large/public/field/image/2013/07/ios_7_ios_in_the_car_apps.jpg?itok=bu3vVybL width=400
Image: http://cdn.imore.com/sites/imore.com/files/styles/large/public/field/image/2013/07/ios_7_ios_in_the_car_applehero.jpg?itok=HX4Q0Hpj width=400
Image: http://cdn.imore.com/sites/imore.com/files/styles/large/public/field/image/2013/07/ios_7_ios_in_the_car_messages.jpg?itok=LQSIo2cv width=400