They were pulling good recruits to UNT lately. Their freshman class this last year...
- Tony Mitchell obviously was a huge one
- Chris Jones had offers from Colorado, Houston, New Mexico, TCU and about 10 or so others including a few MVC teams
- Trey Norris had a Minnesota offer and about 7-8 other offers
- Forrest Robinson had offers from Arkansas, Houston, Iowa state, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, USC, Utah and a few others
- Jordan Williams had offers from Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Fresno State, UGA, Houston, KSU, Marquette, OK St, Oregon, So Miss, Texas Tech and some mids
Obviously they did a REALLY great job recruiting all that Dallas-FW area talent, and that was from 1 year.
Shawn Forrest official to LSU as basketball assistant
But Hey, they did get that Mitchell kid to go to UNT some kind of way. And that kid could play anywhere. Now how they got him there.....?
Mitchel isn't Forrest's recruit. Mitchell ended up at UNT because he had to pay all of his tuition and fees because he was not on scholarship and his mother lives in DFW. Combine that with less stringent academic polices as a non-scholarship player and UNT was for the most part his only option
Shawn Forrest helped Johnny Jones build a great program -- not to mention a great roster for next season. Everyone gets a break sooner or later in their careers. This could be Forrest's time.