But if you get the right guy in LA, it would be much easier to pull guys from our own state.
Uh, pretty sure that's why we hired Johnny Jones himself. Jones' job is to get these home state guys to stay home, meanwhile Jones hired some assets to recruit TX where they were successful before. Makes sense to me.
a former coach at UNT is going to all of a sudden start pulling all the talented players from Dallas because he is at LSU now? Im skeptical, but we shall see.
They were pulling good recruits to UNT lately. Their freshman class this last year...
- Tony Mitchell obviously was a huge one
- Chris Jones had offers from Colorado, Houston, New Mexico, TCU and about 10 or so others including a few MVC teams
- Trey Norris had a Minnesota offer and about 7-8 other offers
- Forrest Robinson had offers from Arkansas, Houston, Iowa state, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, USC, Utah and a few others
- Jordan Williams had offers from Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Fresno State, UGA, Houston, KSU, Marquette, OK St, Oregon, So Miss, Texas Tech and some mids
Obviously they did a REALLY great job recruiting all that Dallas-FW area talent, and that was from 1 year.