menu
Posted by
Message
nicholastiger
LSU Fan
Baton Rouge
Member since Jan 2004
10772 posts

re: Johnson Record at TCU
TCU saved LSU a buyout.
Because this would have been Trent's last year.
Once Hamilton and Turner bolted he would not have brought anyone in that late in the signing period.
Hickey was probably leaving as well if Trent came back.


MottLaneKid
LSU Fan
Gonzales
Member since Apr 2012
2767 posts
 Online 

re: Johnson Record at TCU
John Brady. Great coach ? Why is he still coaching Arkansas State? Puzzling ?


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
00
mylsuhat
Chicago Cubs Fan
NOLA
Member since Mar 2008
41678 posts

re: Johnson Record at TCU
I hate Brooke Lopez for making TJ look good...

I've forgiven Robin because he's a Hornet/Pelican


Sheep
USA Fan
In the beer room at Stein's
Member since Jun 2007
17505 posts

re: Johnson Record at TCU
He took a team that was barely over .500 last year and has them hovering around .500.

:omg:



TheWalrus
LSU Fan
Member since Dec 2012
13441 posts

re: Johnson Record at TCU
I wanted him gone when he won the SEC title his first year.


GeorgeTheGreek
Michigan State Fan
Sparta, Greece
Member since Mar 2008
43259 posts
 Online 

re: Johnson Record at TCU
Good for you walrus because that's completely fricking dumb


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
00
TN Bhoy
LSU Fan
Sketty, Wales
Member since Apr 2010
55484 posts

re: Johnson Record at TCU
quote:

I wanted him gone when he won the SEC title his first year.





Rantard Hall of Fame


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
00
mattz1122
Houston Fan
Member since Oct 2007
37807 posts
 Online 

re: Johnson Record at TCU
quote:

I wanted him gone when he won the SEC title his first year.




lol


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
00
thunderbird1100
LSU Fan
GSU Eagles fan
Member since Oct 2007
46352 posts

re: Johnson Record at TCU
quote:

He took a team that was barely over .500 last year and has them hovering around .500.



TCU wont be hovering around .500 for long, there's about a 20% chance they go 0-18 in conference, 35% chance they go 1-17 and 45% chance they go 2-16.


Yes I pulled those %'s straight out of my ass, but that's science.


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
00
thunderbird1100
LSU Fan
GSU Eagles fan
Member since Oct 2007
46352 posts

re: Johnson Record at TCU
Nobody talks about how awful North Texas is this year, 8-15, 3-9 in the SB. Completely fallen apart since Johnny Jones left, and the NBA draft pick guy (Tony Mitchell) is still there. BTW - his draft stock has plummeted. Was a pre-season Top 10 even Top 5 pick at some places, now not even 1st round material by many.
This post was edited on 2/2 at 12:18 am


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
00
LSUsCRYSTALball
LSU Fan
Member since Dec 2012
1702 posts

re: Johnson Record at TCU
quote:

TCU is 9-11 overall and 0-7 in conference.




yurintroubl
New Orleans Saints Fan
Dallas, Tx.
Member since Apr 2008
28942 posts

re: Johnson Record at TCU
TCU was never that great. They lost their 2 best guys who were Seniors last year (both are playing NBA developmental league) and their best player this year got hurt the second game and is out for the season. I think they're down to 5 or 6 guys on scholly right now. NOBODY could make them good this year. They've got some good guys lined up for next year including the #4 C in the country.

Not saying Johnson is a good coach... but he's not as bad as y'all think he is. TCU BB is just in the toilet right now in general. Just sayin.


Penrod
LSU Fan
Member since Jan 2011
8100 posts

re: Johnson Record at TCU
quote:

I wanted him gone when he won the SEC title his first year.


That does sound stupid, but I get your point. It kind of reminds me of Al Gore's notorious, "I voted for that bill before I voted against it."


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
00
Jester
Tennessee Fan
Baton Rouge
Member since Feb 2006
22916 posts

re: Johnson Record at TCU
quote:

Who cares what our old coach with a team he didn't build, in a new school and conference is doing?


Most posters in this thread


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
00
Jester
Tennessee Fan
Baton Rouge
Member since Feb 2006
22916 posts

re: Johnson Record at TCU
quote:

I think they're down to 5 or 6 guys on scholly right now.


Sounds like a typical Trent Johnson roster.


Daigeaux
LSU Fan
Mountains of East Tennessee
Member since Jul 2005
4704 posts

re: Johnson Record at TCU
WTF? Johnson's teams got worse every year. I have nothing against the man as a person, but he sucks at coaching and recruiting. His teams were awful to watch...and I watched 99% of the games.

This shite of "he can coach but can't recruit" is horse shite. Recruiting is a coaches job...therefore he sucked as a coach...


Tiger Ugly
LSU Fan
Baton Rouge
Member since Jul 2008
6383 posts

re: Johnson Record at TCU
quote:

Do we really have to gloat about how awful our former coach is?


He did us a big favor and we should probably just be glad he left without putting us on the hook for a buyout and leave it at that.

If anything Johnny gets an extended honeymoon because by Trent's strange recruiting incompetence, comatose personality and average/mediocre at best bench-coaching...any coach looks great by comparison.


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
00
oauron
Birmingham, AL
Member since Sep 2011
12236 posts

re: Johnson Record at TCU
Our team wasn't bad last year. Definitely improvement from 2010 and 2011.


josh336
Chicago Cubs Fan
baton rouge
Member since Jan 2007
48488 posts

re: Johnson Record at TCU
He won coach of the year in 3 different conferences, I doubt he's a bad coach.


stewie
Texas Fan
Member since Jan 2006
2372 posts

re: Johnson Record at TCU
quote:

He won coach of the year in 3 different conferences, I doubt he's a bad coach.


Fine with Xs and Os and a decent motivator....just one of the worst recruiters in the nation due to laziness.


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
00
first pageprev pagePage 2 of 2next pagelast page
refresh

Back to top

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram