1. We have hands down the best point guard in the country. He is a whole different player from last year and has the ability to get to the rim with NBA range shooting the three. He also has a pullup jumper off the dribble that he has added to his game that he is actually making. I watch aaron craft play multiple times and he may be a better on ball defender then hickey but he is not a better overall defender.
2. We have won a game against a good team when the shots just weren't falling, missed freethrows until the end of the game and turned the ball over. Only a good team can pull that feat off.
3. Our perimeter defense is unbelievable and the press will be a weapon for the rest of the season. I can't say enough about the combination of hickey and charles on the perimeter. If the other teams best player in on the wing or plays the point then he in for a bad game.
4. We dominate the teams we are suppose to beat. This the one that really gets under my skin!! LSU 5-0 because we haven't played anybody!! If we wouldn't have lost those 4 games against scrubbs last year we would have been in the tournament. I just don't understand how we can take wins for granted when just 2 years ago we couldn't beat anybody. Be thankful we have the ability to beat mississippi valley state.
5. The depth on this team is unbelieveable. We have 7 player's capable of leading the team in scoring any night. Coleman is one of the most versatile player i have seen at LSU. Johnny O was getting triple teamed lastnight and still didn't want to kick the ball back out. Even though he should have i loved the i can't be stopped approach.
6. The SEC is horrible this year and the only team LSU can't beat is prolly florida. Kentucky is talented but young and will lose there share of games in the SEC this year. Alabama is a good solid team we will have some epic battles with. The rest leave something to be desired and already been losing to the same type of teams we complain about beating.
I love the team CJJ has put together and the offense they run. The season just starting and the only place I see LSU going for here is up. I know I will get blasted for starting this tread but i will look like a god when we win over 20 games and finish in the top 5 in the SEC. We will rank in the top 25 at some point of the year too. YEAH I SAID IT
This post was edited on 11/30 at 10:50 am