I'm as positive as the next guy, but y'all need to calm down a bit.
There's no reason to think we won't be very good next year and possibly the following year (Depending on who we lose).
- We'll have 13 scholarship players for the first time since it seems like last millennia.
- We will have 5 former Top 100 overall recruits on the team next year, I honestly cant remember us stockpiling this kind of talent in the past. Yes, including the final four team (going by ranking out of h/s).
- Oh yeah, not included in those Top 100 overall recruits we'll still have for next year? Hickey, Stringer and Coleman...not too shabby for not being highly touted kids themselves.
- Don't forget John Odo, who is a 6'10 older presence who rebounds and blocks shots extremely well.
- For the first time in forever, guys like Hammink, Collins, Courtney and Malone can rest up, and we can only have to use them in blow outs instead of eating up some minutes for foul trouble or exhausted starters in tight games when they just dont have that talent level to compete. (I am not insinuating they are worthless players, just saying how the pecking order is basically, I do think Hammink and Malone can develop into solid players down the road, but living in the present currently).
It's really not being that optimistic. It's hard to have "Expectations" as an LSU basketball fan, but when you stockpile that kind of talent, kind of like that final four team, or to an extent that 2009 SEC Championship team...you have to expect more than missing the NCAAT and/or making the NIT.