So, a few questions, because I haven't done this in a while:
1. How long to boil them?
2. Do you get shrimp with heads on or off?
3. How long do you soak?
4. How many pounds per person?
Too difficult to peel = cooked too long.
1. Boil until they start rolling to the top/floating. (45-90 secs after you drop into rolling boil)
2. I usually get heads off when I boil for that many
3. Key is the soak...be sure to drop in frozen ears of corn to get the water cooling...soak to taste. Usually 10-20 mins
4 1/2 lb to a lb...if there are 30-40 people, I would say ~25-30 lbs.
This is how I cook them.
Water to boil, add seasoning and garlic. Get rolling boil.
Add taters, back to rolling boil.
Add onions, sausage & whatever else ie. Mushrooms.
Let boil 5 mins, drop in shrimp....cut heat once they start coming to the top & drop in the frozen corn (or ice). Soak to taste.
Edited to add - be sure to cover pot so seasoning does not go up with the steam. I use combo liquid and powder
This post was edited on 7/17 at 6:43 pm