What's the best (easily attainable, doesn't have to be something like Walmart, but nothing that you wouldn't find in your average city) sauce, in your opinion? Also, any noodle suggestions?
I'm going to give you my spaghetti recipe. I have to admit, i think i make some of the best spaghetti and meat sauce around.
1 pack Spaghetti noodles
2 lbs lean ground meat
4 roma tomatoes
1 large white onion (Diced)
1 large bellpepper (diced)
3 Jalapenos (diced)
4-6 cloves garlic
1 large can diced tomatoes (Hunt's 28 oz can)
3-4 small cans tomato sauce (Hunt's 8 oz can)
2 tomato sauce cans of water (depending on how thick you want your gravy. Always adjustable)
2-3 cans tomato paste (Hunt's 6 oz. cans)
Cracked Black Pepper
1. In a large cast iron pot (or other large pot, i prefer cast iron) pour some olive oil in the bottom of the pot (about 1/8 cup, maybe more) and heat up.
2. Add your fresh whole roma tomatoes and cook on medium high, turning to make sure all sides are somewhat browned slightly.
3. Remove tomatoes dice.
4. Add ground meat and season lightly with slap yo mamma or big easy seasoning. Remove meat. (if a bunch of grease is left behind, drain.)
5. Add onions, jalapenos, and bellpeppers. Cook until soft. Add garlic and cook.
6. Add all ingredients back into pot and bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 1 hour.
7. Serve on plate with some good noodles and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Not the powdered stuff.
It's simple, easy, and one of my favorite meals to cook. I love cooking 1 pot meals.
ETA: This can feed about 8-10 people.
This post was edited on 4/17 at 9:17 am