TDBBL Post-Draft Rankings(Posted by Lester Earl on 12/22/11 at 1:31 pm) 00
I'll put this out right now. This year is going to be crazy i feel with the way the schedule is set up. Some older guys will not play as much, some younger guys should get more minutes. At this point, there are prob a handful of guys that could sign and sway the balance of the league. I see a handful of guys on FA that should have value if they sign with a team. And there are prob another big handful that arent even on the radar that will pop up.
But as of now, this is how I see the league, post-draft.
1. Karma If this isn't the year he gets over the hump, then he should just give up. By far he had the best set of keepers, which is the main reason why he is #1 on this list. Arguably 4 players in the top 5 at their respective position. This Kobe injury could change things, however.
On to his draft; I like most of his picks. The ones that stand out to me are Hibbert, Beasely, and Derrick Favors. The first 2 were keeper-types, and Favors is a guy i really like. I thought he reached on Rubio. With a veteran coach, I could see Adleman leaning more towards Ridnour. But Rubio will no doubt spark up the hype. A poor man's Rajon Rondo, at his best, imo. The rest of his guys, kinda meh. I dont think Camby or Baron Davis will be on his team for long.
2.SFP I thought SFP really had a nice set of keepers. In the top 3 or 4. Durant is a stud, and Amare is elite for his position. Noah does dirty work and Joe Johnson is a stat stuffer, though he is getting older. Holliday should improve more as well.
SFP finds himself at #2 because of his draft. Brand, Stuckey, Jamal Crawford, Bierdins, and Kemba were all picks i liked. He has a nice mix of youth and veterans. Where might he be weak? at first glance, i say assists & 3pts. Looks solid in most other categories. Should make the playoffs with ease.
3. Reddfig for the pity party he always tries to throw in basketball season, the dude has cranked out a good team in my eyes. He solidified his keepers by adding Al Jefferson, and in the draft added a lot of players that are tried and true.
I have to say, just about everyone of his picks, I liked. Solid veterans like Ray Allen, Odom, Jamison, OKafor, Caron, Jameer, etc. He has no weakness that really stands out to me. Assists and Blks if i had to pick one. Let's hope he doesnt sell out after a bad week or 2.
4. Nobes Coming in at #4 is da champeen. His keepers were solid, in the top half of the league. And he did well early in the draft in my eyes. Tony Parker, Nick Young, JRich, and Chandler were all guys that were highly rated and compliment his keepers well. Though in true NObes fashion, he valued 3pters more than other categories.
But the rest of his draft, I didnt like much at all. It looks as if he was trying to overcompensate with his lack of big men toward the end of his picks ran out. I cant say I really like any of them. Hopefully 1 or 2 work out for him. As of now I see some weakness in the big man categories, but is solid just about every where else.
5. Gyno- Also had a solid group of keepers. And had a pretty good draft too. Devin Harris, Kaman, KG, Conley: Can Fap. Maggette, Ariza and Rashard Lewis can't be as bad as they were last year. I thought he got good value on those guys too. Where is he weak? Well, I really cant pinpoint a certain stat. He isn't overlblown in any category, and isnt weak in any category. Just kind of sitting in the middle at this point. Definitely a team to watch.
6. PCT- I think Port had an under the radar set of keepers with a lot of upside. Like I said before though, I think the key to his season is Bynum, who if he can stay healthy, can put up some big numbers without Odom stealing minutes. im talking 18/12/3blks or somethign similar. In the draft he got Bynum-lite, Deandre Jordan. Dude should at least average a double double. Billups, Matthews, and JJ Hickson were also picks i liked. Id have port higher, i am just unsure with the rest of his roster. Vince CArter? What will his role be? Jimmer? 1 ball on a team with a lot of talent. is he athletic enough for the NBA? The rest of his bench guys just underwhelming to me. If i had to pinpoint a weakness, id prob say assists, 3's, and possibly blocks if Bynum were to go down. But i could definitely see this squad making the playoffs.
7. Toula- I like what he did in the draft for the most part. Taking Jeff Teague that early was a head scratcher, but we all have our favorite guys. Boozer, Derozan, Harden and Humphries were all gerat picks. Humph is looking like a steal with Lopez out. Austin Daye is intriguing. I think he got to a point at the end of the draft to compensate for his lack of 3's, and picks a few 'meh' guys at the end because of it. He prob has the best rebounding team in the league. Assists look weak, and may be a middle of the pack scoring team. We'll see what the Dwight factor does to his FT%. This team is a definite playoff contender.
8. Cwill- Not sure how to feel about his team. With Brook Lopez out indefinitely, he is 1 keeper short on a group that wasn't great to begin with. This will be a weaker team in blocks, assists, and rebounds. He does have a few young guys with upside, if one of them breaks out, he could move up a few spots. At this point, he is on the outside looking in.
9. Rick- Thought he had one of the weaker keepers. But i think his draft went pretty solid. Seems like he is one of the guys that think PPG are worth more than other stats. Picked a lot of big men that aren't spectactular rebounders or shot blockers, which is worthless to me. Weak in BLK, ast, and rebounds near the bottom. He has some decent assets, they just dont fit well together.
10. Mccain I kept saying "WTF" just about every time he picked. Not that he got bad players, just kept reaching, imo. Tyrus, Bargniani, and Paul George come to mind. Not that they are bad, but it just seemed like he really wanted these guys, and paid for them. His team overall, is weak in a lot of spots. Blks, rebounds, points. FG%. A lot like Rick, he has some decent players, he just got bad value and they really dont compliment one another.
11. Lester At this point Im going to bite the bullet this season. Really got behind the 8ball last season, trying to add players to make a run. I ended up with some bad picks, and it really showed. I pretty much didnt worry about fielding a cohessive team, just tried to add some assets that i could potentially keep or trade away. I think i can compete in most categories outside of points, maybe 3s. My FT% should be pretty bad as well. Hopefully 2 or 3 of my guys pan out, otherwise i should be a pretty automatic win most weeks.