lsufanva LSU Fan sandston virginia Member since Aug 2009 6935 posts
re: Which Way Did He Go George? (LSU/Interesting Recruits Elsewhere)(Posted by lsufanva on 6/17/13 at 4:47 pm to HECKFIRE)
Great post OP. Really enjoyed it.
One guy that gets in my crawl a little bit becasue we showed him little to no interest(he also bailed on our camp a couple of times), is Terrell Lathan. Everyone knew he was a talent but had some work ethic issues and was considered lazy by many. I watched TCU 3-4 times last year and he impressed me quite a bit. I think he would play on our DL this year if we had gotten him. Hunter as well. Hunter would definitely be in the DT rotation if we had offered. I'm a big Quentin Thomas fan but so far he hasn't lived up to his talent.
1. Jameis Winston - This kid is the damn truth. Everyone will get to see his talent against Clemson on national TV, and I expect him to perform well, in a losing effort of coursse ;). He would push Mett for starting minutes this season, he's that good, kid has a damn cannon. I often wonder how hard LSU really pressed with the MLB concerns. He is far and away the top guy I'd want on this list, best QB prospect of the last 3-4 years IMO, RG3 potential.
2. Ryan Shazier - I vividly remember this kid's recruitment and thought we had him. His film reminded me so much of Jon Bostic's. Would be awesome to have him this year, but LB is just loaded for LSU so it might not even be the most beneficial pick. He's just that good though.
3. Cassius Marsh - Really like this kid, remember being pissed he switched. He'd be the best pure passrushers on the squad. Would be nice at add some depth at this position.
4. Jonathan McKnight - He gets a bad rep because of his brother, but this kid is a player. Again it's at a position LSU is pretty deep at, but I'd still really like to see him on this team. He's a ST beast as well.
5. Kelvin Rainey - I firmly expect this kid to explode in the next couple years for USC. Like you mentioned, moves so damn well for someone his size, it's insane.
Also, if you could have given me a choice of one of those guys who 100% wouldn't be a bust it would be Jeff Luc. Like you mentioned, that kid could absolutely tackle a train in high school. I still have no idea how he hasn't made it, one of the most violent tapes I've ever seen.