Re-watched most of the episodes with my wife this weekend (we're both fanatics of this series, show and books). ** Possible Spoilers if you haven't watched all of season 2! **
Some thoughts about season 2 characters and heading into season 3..
• Tyrion is absolutely my favorite character of this entire series. The scene with him testing Master Pycelle, Littlefinger, and Varys about marrying Cersei's daughter off was excellent, as was the battle scene in the second to last episode of the season. Brilliantly done.
• I have not read up to book 3 yet, but I have this feeling that Arya Stark is going to be a badass in season 3 (and storm of swords book). She's clever, cunning and will probably be more skilled with the sword by then, too.
• I absolutely hate Joffrey and really hope he bites it soon. The hound character is somewhat intriguing, and the guy the plays him was cast perfectly for the role (as was most of the characters)
• Stannis Baratheon: the guy is hard to like and I'm curious as to what his next move is, considering that much of his army was crushed during the siege of King's Landing.
• Daenerys: I thought season 2 was a little slow for her role (minus the whole house of the undying scenes). It looks like season 3 is going to have more action with her involved. Hope so at least.
There's so much to this show that it's hard to just sum up in one post without writing an essay. Just great stuff all around.