I'm not saying there is a correlation between being dumb and conservative, and smart and a liberal; but rather being dumb and falling for stupid shite and sending it on, and being smart and not forwarding a bunch of crap. I'm sure if I knew more uneducated liberals, they would be forwarding me all manner of ridculousnesses.
Maybe you're not hearing me.
You receive an equivalent "bunch of crap" every time you turn on the TV.
- Our path to solvency is to tax the rich.
- 1:1 tax:spendingcuts is a feasible approach to balance the budget.
- The way to prevent school shootings is to outlaw guns.
- The Middle Class has never had it this bad.
- The Personal Injury System in this country protects consumers.
- The Tea Party was founded by a bunch of radical screwballs
I could go on and on.
Point being, nothing in the above collective BS is more truthful than the wildest internet rumors out there, yet you receive this crap daily in the mainstream.
What is more problematic?
The isolated "Aliens from Mars have taken over Fort Knox" story, or "the only reason we have deficits now is because of the Bush Tax Cuts"?
This post was edited on 1/7 at 11:34 am