Reminds me of the 2010 defense if all three return
I was actually thinking that this team in general may have the same feel to it as the 2010 squad (I hope).
- In 2010 they went 10-2 in the regular season with two close losses including one to the eventual National Champs.
- They played in a primetime bowl game and beat the snot out of a highly ranked opponent to go to 11-2 for the season and set themselves up for high expectations for the following year (2011)
- One of the reasons for optimism was a solid outing by their QB, who looked like he had finally turned the corner
- Despite the loss of three defensive stars (Peterson, Shepherd, Nevis) in the 2011 NFL draft, they had a core of solid players coming back and some young, impressive DBs
- They went into the post-season looking like one of the best teams in the country, and opened the following season in Jerryworld looking just as dominant in taking apart a highly ranked team to start one of the most daunting schedules in recent memory.
Let's hope history repeats and this game sets the stage for another run at the National Championship!