Just wanted to let yall know the hawk was out there again today on my way home. I was late leaving today, at about 4:15ish. Yesterday I saw him at about 2:45ish.
It was in the same exact tree that it flew up into yesterday. I have a more precise location...
The location is on Highway 11 just south of Irish Bayou (Exit 254, first exit at the south side of the I-10 Twin Span Bridges) in New Orleans East.
- Follow HWY 11 SOUTH, back towards New Orleans for approx 2 miles.
- Pass through the flood control gates.
- Make note of the power line poles on right (marked by red dots in map) as soon as you pass the flood gate and count until you get to pole #5.
- Directly across the highway from the 5th pole is a dead tree (marked by green arrow).
- This is the tree that he flew up into yesterday and the same one that he was sitting in today when I passed again.
The tree is a little south of "half way" between the flood gate and the rock parking lot for the boat launch that's south of the flood gate.