menu
Posted by
Message
Powerman
LSU Fan
Corpus Christi, TX
Member since Jan 2004
121878 posts

re: Why are all "conspiracy theories" viewed as impossible or far fetched?

quote:



That's what sports, movies, US weekly and reality tv is for.



Right

But there are people who are interested in politics. And with subcultures like ours there are always going to be a few conspiracy theorists. They're usually crazy and wrong about 90% of what they post. But the other 10% might have some substance and the conspiracy theories discredit that 10%

The mere existence of conspiracy theories has the ability to silence legitimate criticism of government under the guise of the critic being considered a lunatic.

For an analogy, consider the birthers. A lot of birthers may have had legit criticisms of Obama but who is going to listen to a birther?


Zilla
LSU Fan
Friendswood, TX
Member since Jul 2005
10151 posts

re: Why are all "conspiracy theories" viewed as impossible or far fetched?
quote:

The mere existence of conspiracy theories has the ability to silence legitimate criticism of government under the guise of the critic being considered a lunatic.


exactly


Replies (0)
Replies (0)
first pageprev pagePage 1 of 1next pagelast page
refresh

Back to top

logoFollow TigerDroppings for LSU Football News
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get the latest updates on LSU Football and Recruiting.

FacebookTwitterInstagram