A couple things:
1. I doubt the birth certificate saying Clay is Jax's dad. I think at some point he probably would've had to use it for something, and copies are too readily available for something like that to go unnoticed.
2. In the couple episodes following the invasion, I took the missing legal documents as more of Clay getting rid of anything that could cause him to lose something in a divorce, which I thought was inevitable.
3. In reading JT's memoirs, it seems highly impossible that he was stealing from the club.
1) Agreed - it just seems like its too easy to jump straight to it as a viewer. too spoon fed, and although it would be a big twist on the show, 8 episodes later its no longer a surprise twist.
2) I dont think thats the case still - im pretty sure theres something noteworthy in there. still very curious what jax thinks it is if hes rounding the club up to view it at clays house before trying to kill him. he clearly has some idea whats in there and a simple birth certificate or such likely wouldnt do it. this seems life or death, not like a divorce chip.
3) perhaps not stealing but maybe ready to turn on them?
theres a tiny bit of me that buys the John Teller is still alive storyline even. they definitely have me off balance.