I want to thank those who have campaigned hard for a Music Board. You finally have your wish. I also want to thank the person who made the logo. I am not sure who did it, but I looks great. Additionally, I want to thank those of you that came up with some guidelines under which the board will operate. Finally, I want to thank the admins because, well, they are just awesome.
Music Board Guidelines:
1. Courtesy and respect for musical preferences is a must. Do not continuously flame threads ranting about how much you hate certain artists or genres. You are more than welcome to voice your opinion but try to keep it concise and topic relevant. Repeated flaming will not be tolerated and could result in account suspension.
2. Links to downloadable content and file sharing websites are strictly prohibited. Violation of this rule could result in account suspension or termination. Links to free audio/video sites such as youtube and artist homepages are allowed. Additionally, if linking music content, please make an effort to link content without excessive advertisements. Your fellow members will appreciate it.
3. Links to music tracks must be specifically labeled either before, after, or as the link itself. Posts that do not properly identify linked material are subject to deletion. Links to tracks with excessive profanity or mature subject matter should be labeled with the NSFW tag (Not Safe For Work).
4. Thread titles should be specific. Do not just have the name of an artist or a genre as a thread title. Threads should be designed to stimulate discussion and participation among members.
5. There will be a strict NO IM policy on the music board. Members who wish to engage in off topic chat can do so somewhere else.
6. Stickied threads will be kept to a minimum to prevent cluttering of the board. Please keep this in mind if you request a sticky because, odds are, you probably will not get it.