I know...I know, Ol Bobby Petrino is lobbying for the UK job (either using us to get Auburn to jump or he knows he is damage goods and know one wants him). Kudos to him, he has the fan base all giddy and jumping on the AD to pull the trigger and offer him the job. I don't think he will ever be UK's head football coach, he is toxic and is a major prick to deal with.
So, this is what is swirling around Lexington.
1. Sonny Dykes. Was an UK grad assistant under Mumme. Has an aggreessive style of play and comes from a coaching family.
2. Kirby Smart. Wishful thinking, everyone would love to have him...but it is obvious he is waiting for a better and big time program. Was under Coach Hatcher at Valadosta State with several UK connections. Would be a huge pick up, but it is not happening.
3. Neil Smith. Once again, connections to UK as an assistant under Mumme. Don't think he would excite the fan base. Now, he would be awesome to have as an OC with Sonny Dykes, homerun.
4. Kingsberry. TAM Coordinator...see above.
5. Chavis. Name has been surfacing. I do not see it happening, and waaaaaaaay down the list.
Wildcard-Rex Ryan....sure, laugh all you want. But he will get a call if he is shite canned by the Jets. Father and mother still in Shelbyville and she is not doing so well. But in reality, he is going in television and do not see him coaching college, but I am sure we would offer Cal type of money to get him here if he would listen!
And if we strike out on top 2 choices, then look for our AD to bend over and take it by begging the slime/prick Petrino to come and save us from the mess we would be in (if Auburn or Colorado does not snag him).
This post was edited on 11/11 at 1:43 pm