The New Orleans Saints and veteran cornerback Champ Bailey have agreed on a two-year contract, the team confirmed Friday.
A league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter,
that Bailey's deal will have a maximum value of $7 million.
"We are excited to be able to add a future Hall of Fame player with the addition of Champ Bailey," Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said in a statement released by the team. "His career accomplishments mirror that of his high character and he's a very prideful and competitive player who we believe will add to our defense. Having spent time with him recently and in our discussions with him, I know that he's thrilled to be joining the New Orleans Saints and starting a new chapter in his professional life."
Here is what Bailey had to say:
"I'm excited," the 35-year-old Bailey told the team's official website. "Last year was one of those years that I just couldn't get over the fact of being hurt and grind my way through that. It was a tough, up-and-down year.
"... I'm still hungry. I've still got that drive to go out there and be the best and that's why I'm still putting them on, and the Saints gave me an opportunity. I'm going to try to be a part of something special."
The 12-time Pro Bowler was released by the Denver Broncos this offseason.