LSU pitcher Aaron Nola was named to the Louisville Slugger First Team All-American which is selected by Collegiate Baseball. He is 10-1 with a 1.49 ERA this season.
quote: Complete 2014 Louisville Slugger All-American Selections
The 17-man first team, chosen by performances up to regional playoffs and picked by the staff of Collegiate Baseball newspaper, features 11 conference players or pitchers of the year, including:
• RHP Aaron Nola, Louisiana St. (Pitcher of Year Southeastern Conference).
• LHP Jace Fry, Oregon St. (Pitcher of Year Pac-12 Conference).
• RHP Andrew Morales, U.C. Irvine (Pitcher of Year Big West).
• LHP Nathan Kirby, Virginia (Co-Pitcher of Year Atlantic Coast Conference).
• LHP Chris Diaz, Miami, Fla. (Co-Pitcher of Year Atlantic Coast Conference).
• C Max Pentecost, Kennesaw St. (Player of Year Atlantic Sun Conference).
• 1B Casey Gillaspie, Wichita St. (Player of Year Missouri Valley Conference).
• 2B Jace Conrad, Louisiana-Lafayette (Player of Year Sun Belt Conference).
• OF Michael Conforto, Oregon St. (Player of Year Pac-12 Conference).
• OF Michael Katz, William & Mary (Player of Year Colonial Athletic Association).
• UT A.J. Reed, Kentucky (Player of Year Southeastern Conference).
"The first team features one pitcher with 127 strikeouts (LSU’s Aaron Nola) and another who only gave up 45 hits in 95 innings (Ben Wetzler of Oregon St.)"