Welcome to TigerDroppings.com, the greatest site in the history of the internet. We are glad you have found us, and hope your stay is enjoyable.
While it may seem like a lot of rules to follow (see below), you really have to go out of your way to break them.
The idea is to operate a message board that LSU fans can use and enjoy, and that fans of opposing schools can use to communicate respectfully with LSU fans. The site is free and registration is open to anyone. However, the future of this site depends on the cooperation, participation, and support of its members, and the respect of the guidelines that help govern it. The administrators rely on the members to advise them of violations of the forum rules.
That being said... TIGERDROPPINGS.COM TERMS OF SERVICE THE TD.COMMANDMENTS
1. DO choose your user name carefully when you first register. Search the Member List to check for names that are similar to yours.
2. DO NOT “flame the board.” “Flaming” is the deliberate act of creating a post in order to incite members of the board and invoke a negative response.
3. DO NOT expect any tolerance for statements, opinions, or views that are bigoted, racist, sexist, or hateful. Further, linking to sites that contain such content is prohibited.
4. DO NOT engage in personal attacks on other users. Healthy debate is expected and encouraged, but take the childish insults elsewhere. This is particularly true with regard to visitors from other schools. Moderators will be especially watchful for verbal abuse, ridicule, ad hominem attacks, and stalking.
5. DO NOT engage in baseless criticism of LSU athletes, coaches, administrators or recruits. Legitimate evaluation of a player's performance or a coach’s ability is allowed, but personal attacks and insults are prohibited.
6. DO NOT post ANY adult or sexually explicit content OR links to adult or sexually explicit content.
7. DO NOT use excessive profanity. Profanity is discouraged, and depending on the context in which it is used, might result in removal of your post.
8. DO choose a subject line that accurately describes the content of your post. Do not use deceptive subjects to attract attention to your post. Do not use one or two-word subjects that provide no description. And do not post in ALL CAPS.
9. DO NOT threaten another user with physical violence or retribution of any nature whatsoever.
10. DO take a minute to check for an existing thread on a topic of interest to you before starting a new thread.
11. DO not posting anything that could potentially harm (or embarrass) LSU or TigerDroppings.com.
Enforcement of these rules lay with the board administrators. Violations may subject the user to suspension or, in some cases, removal of the user’s account. POSTING PERILS
The administrators of TigerDroppings.com reserve the right to delete, edit, or move any post. What follows is a non-exhaustive list of reasons why a post might be deleted, edited, or moved. • Your post(s) will be whacked if you:
o “Call someone out.”
o “Spam” the board, i.e., attempt to sell goods or services, or direct users to commercial sites, without prior authorization from board management.
o Threaten anyone.
o Stalk another poster, i.e., repeatedly reply to his/her posts for the purpose of ridiculing, mocking, insulting, or flaming.
o Post pictures or link to web sites showing nude men or women, male or female genitalia, or female nipples. This includes images in which such features can be seen through clothing. For women, "nude" means without top and/or bottom. Administrators may block any other images deemed inappropriate.
o Post unsubstantiated information about LSU players, coaches, administrators or officials. Rumors will not be tolerated. News must at least be reported by a mainstream media outlet to support its posting. Other LSU message boards do not count as mainstream media.
o Post copyrighted material from other web sites.
o Flame other boards and brag about it here, or whine about what users on other boards are saying about LSU. If you have a problem with another board, take it up with that board's management.
o Create outlandish posts with no other purpose but to flame. • Your post(s) may be whacked if you:
o Start a new thread for every thought that pops into your head.
o Start a new thread in response to an existing thread.
o Start a new thread commenting on an existing thread anywhere on the site.
o Use an excessive amount of emoticons (i.e., smileys) in a post.
o Use gratuitous profanity.
o Engage in excessive “IMing.” • Your post(s) may be moved if you:
o Ask for help anywhere but the Help Board.
o Complain about an administrator’s action anywhere but on the Help Board.
o Post on the wrong board. We have multiple boards, each with a specific purpose. Your topic must be relevant to the board on which you are posting.
The moderators request that users report violations of these guidelines by clicking on the button Request Admin button at the bottom of each message. You will see a list of reasons why the post requires attention. All such requests will remain confidential.
Statements or postings that violate the above terms may be deleted. The administrators, without notice, may delete individual messages or whole threads, move them to the appropriate forum, lock threads, or anchor threads (to keep them from popping to the top of the page). All such actionsare within the sole discretion of the administrators. Users who violate these rules may or may not receive a warning. Depending on the severity and frequency of violations, the user may lose his account temporarily or permanently. Account suspensions are at the sole discretion of the owners of TigerDroppings.com. Further, the owners reserve the right to suspend or terminate a user's account for violation of these rules without notice to the user. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Is there a listing of the various bars or pubs around the world where other LSU fans gather to watch games?
A: Great question. Yes there is. Check out this link on the Tiger Rant: Where to watch an LSU game around the world
Q: How do I display images for avatars and signatures?
A: Images must already be hosted on the internet. To determine the location of a hosted image, right click on the image and select “Properties.” Copy the location address, navigate to the “User Settings” function of the “User Admin” panel, and paste the address it into the appropriate field. In general, it is advisable to save the image to your hard drive and/or to an image-hosting site in order to avoid having your image blocked by the original host (see below).
Q: I have an image on my hard drive or in my email that I’d like to use for my avatar or signature, or post in a thread. How do I do that?
A: Visit free image hosting sites such as www.imageshack.us or other such sites. Follow the instructions to upload your image, then copy and paste the “direct link” into the appropriate field. You will need to ensure that you use the “direct link” to the image, i.e., the link without any additional HTML language.
Q: Are there any requirements for avatar and signature images?
A: Images should be approximately 30 Kbytes in size. Anything larger than that causes threads to load up slowly. Avatars should be no more than 150 pixels in height and 150 pixels in width. Signature images should be no more than 150 pixels in height and 400 pixels in width. To view an image's pixel size, right-click on the images and go to Properties. The dimensions are shown as width by height. Animated images are not allowed. If you need assistance, please post on the Help Board.
Q: May I